Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Morong Bataan:

lone.ship

Bataan skies: Jupiter rules the night

Bataan skies: M31 field
Evening seascape
These are the first set of Images taken from my recent trip in Morong, Bataan. I took hundreds of photos and they are overwhelming. Everything is from a Canon 450d with a tripod and remote shutter. My wife and I had to look for an ND8 & CPL filters (last minute) before the trip but found none (read "none" as "too expensive") so not having any filters allowed me to trust it on proper exposure and composition.

The lone.ship was taken at dusk. I thought why not break the rules of composition from time to time and this is what I came up with. Again, this was taken without any filter. It is just proper exposure. The only thing I did in Photoshop was add the watermark and erase dust.

The two widefield shots are my way of testing darkness of Bataan skies. From the tests, it turned out that it wasn't that dark because the place is becoming popular and there are many resorts opening, hence the stupid light pollution.

That's all for now. please check back for more.

(Nov 1, 2011 update)

A different composition of the lone.ship

dusk.shore

sun.set
Three new images from hundreds of frames I took from Bataan.. 'dusk.shore' is my favorite. It is an experiment on composition and proper exposure. The setting sun was my only source of light here, I metered on the water just to check exposure but I set it in bulb mode, held the shutter and manually counted. I was still on ISO100 to keep noise down.

I only shoot in manual mode. I want complete control of the camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment