Wednesday, May 1, 2013

avian photography may 1, 2013

I didn't want to bring my camera today but I decided to pick it up the last minute before leaving. I was expecting to not have any time to shoot today. But around sunset at Bethesda,  right before pressing the doorbell to go to rehearsals, I saw this beautiful brown shrike right on the wire. Quickly pulled my camera out and just shot away.

This is by far the most beautiful avian picture I have ever made, the time was perfect, golden hour they call it. This bird can hear the reflex of the shutter of my camera.



He reacts every time I take a photo. But he stayed just enough to get around 10 sharp images.


Brown Shrike

You can see his bandit mask

They are known to be very aggressive. They can be seen attacking other birds. They prey upon smaller birds, lizards and insects and are known to impale their prey. They love hanging out on wires and thorny bushes.


shooting info: ISO 800 300mm  f/8.0 1/800 manual  in available light EOS 450D Tamron 70-300mm LD

No comments:

Post a Comment