Monday, May 6, 2013

ornithography: may 06, 2013

Rock Dove (Columba livia domestica)
ISO800 180mm f/8.0 1/100sec
  
ISO 800 300mm f/5.6 1/200sec
These birds are very loyal to us humans. Most of them have become dependent to us, like the ones in these pictures, they are homing pigeons. You can bring them anywhere and expect them to navigate back home. They were used as messengers in early times. I don't think many of us have gone this close to them. My hope is that these pictures will give you the feeling. They are very gentle yet smart!


Manual exposures using available light from the sunset is so beautiful!..If you are serious with photography, 
always shoot manual mode!

Pacific Swallow (Hirundo tahitica)

Hanging right outside of our guitar room today, you hardly ever see these guys on a perch so whenever I get the opportunity I will always take it. 

ISO 1600 1/640 f/8.0 300mm 450d tamron 70-300mm LD

You will always see them in pairs. They love coastal areas but have learned to live in forested area.

Spotted today: Striated Grassbird (Megalurus palustris) - though very common, my wife spotted it for me. Hope to get a picture of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment