Friday, May 3, 2013

avian photography may 2, 2013

Golden-bellied Flyeater (Gerygone sulphurea)
ISO 1600 300mm f/6.3 1/800sec canon 450d tamron 70-300mm LD
This guy flew back and forth gathering materials for their nest nearby. You can see him holding on to one of it. Flyeaters are so hard to photograph because of their active nature.

these critters wouldn't stop moving




Collared Kingfisher (Todiramphus chloris)
ISO 1600 300mm f/8.0 1/2000 sec canon 450d tamron 70-300mm LD
Kingfishers hanging out in the pines at Faith Academy. I was trying to get the two together in one shot but I was too slow and the other one flew off. 

Eurasian Tree sparrow (Passer montanus)
ISO 400  300mm f/8.0 1/160  sec
If you do not know this bird, you are either colossally dumb, blind or just apathetic. They have adapted to live near humans, city birds they call them, and can be found just about anywhere in the world. Taken by my lovely wife who loves birding too. I am teaching her to expose manually and  maybe later on she'll allow me to buy a 1D and a 100-400mm L IS lens with 1.4x and 2x teleconverters so we can both take pictures. Hehe.

and a DOG!

Flea? Flee? ..Whatever! Both spelling is related to him. You flee if he gets out of the gate and I am sure he has 'em in her body (explains hes "gentleness"). This Bethesda dog "love" me and I "love" her too..hope he accepts the Lord someday. I heard he also hates Toby Huyssen!


No comments:

Post a Comment