Saturday, April 20, 2013

avian photography april 19, 2013

White-collared kingfisher
Yellow-vented Bulbul
Olive backed sunbird
some macro shots
wild flowers, they always go unnoticed!
Second day for my cheap tamron 70-300mm LD macro, I am trying to maximize usage of it, squeezing every single pixel resolution I can get out of it. It is not VC so everything is done manually, the AF works but I still focus manually.

Sun-birds. If you're an observant, you'll notice how common they are.

The Elusive Black-naped oriole (Oriolus Chinensis)


Pacific Swallow (Hirundo Tahitica)
This couple I took in Hacienda Isabela Tagaytay, I also found their nest. They were collecting small materials for their nest.




After just two days of shooting, I can now distinguish three bird sounds, that of the Kingfishers, orioles and of the sunbirds. I know when they're around and I can get ready, although Orioles are too elusive.

Crows are unmistakable when you hear them, though i have yet to take photos of them. They always would keep their distance.



No comments:

Post a Comment