Friday, April 26, 2013

avian photography april 26, 2013

Golden-bellied Flyeater (Gerygone sulphurea)


Flyeaters fly in tandem ..caught this couple talking to each other

Olive backed sunbird

Tree Lizard very well camouflaged from predators


Large Billed Crow vs. Black Naped Oriole

While imaging the bulbul, A black bird caught my attention, the lone crow was attacked by the orioles. The thing is, the both species have a very aggressive behavior. I had to scramble to take decent photos of the event but not fast enough.
crow and oriole

Pied Thriller
Large billed Crow in-flight

crow

tree lizard


Philippines Pygmy Woodpecker






Antonov AN-124-100 in manila


I also spotted a rare bird! Flight RA-82047

(confirmed here http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/volga-dnepr-airlines-vda)

I love anything and everything that flies! (controlled flight, that is!)

Today was the first day for me to see a russian heavy lifter plane, It was the Antonov AN-124-100 from the Volga-Dnepr airlines.I kind of know how most of the planes sound when they passby.

I can hear differences between airbuses, 747s, C-130s, ATR turbo props and small planes. Of course this one sounded way different than the normal ones so it got my attention.

With the four Ivchenko Progress D-18T turbofans spewing out 229.5 kN (51,600 lbf) each. It sounded louder and meaner than 747s (which is always the loudest).





No comments:

Post a Comment