Tuesday, April 23, 2013

avian photography april 23, 2013

Elegant Tit (Pardaliparus Elegans)


Elegant Tits (Pardaliparus Elegans) are endemic to the Philippines, bringing my endemic photo collection to two. Saw them for the first time at Springs of Living Water Bethesda garden today (Antipolo). I set up expecting only to see Eurasian sparrows and Sunbirds, but I heard a different sound. Something I have not heard before, then I checked out the treetops and found these yellow 10cm long birds actively moving around from branch to branch, it was really hard to photograph them with my all manual setup. I had neck pains after taking pictures of them for an hour. It was all worth it though!




Olive backed Sunbird




I also saw a Crow do a flyby, a grass bird and off course sparrows. Also saw a V formation of around a hundred birds at around 1000ft AGL but was not able to take a picture of it. I am assuming they are egrets moving northbound.

To finish the shoot, I took this

No comments:

Post a Comment