Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lunar Imaging Session:

Waning Gibbous Moon Oct 17, 2011


 Another moon shot though our window. This time I used the 450d 18mm/55mm stock lens 58-52 adapter ring, digiT and 25mm eyepiece. I was able to take the full moon without the need of stitching. I set the lens at about 35mm at f5 and taped it down so it does not move. This means that I can take the full moon in its crescent phase in the coming days without stitching (like what i did a month ago) which is hard to do.

I hope the weather will continue to be good so I can complete my "Phases of the Moon" project faster. The challenge here is each day, the moon rises later so the older the moon the later or earlier I have to wake up.
So far I have taken images of the moon for 4 consecutive days since OCT 14 and of course, the collection will include images from the SEPTEMBER sessions that I have not posted here.

I will post close-up images later today.

The Moon is just stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment