Sunday, October 16, 2011

Solar Imaging Session:






Upon going home from teaching a guitar student in greenhills (SM super sale = super traffic!) I had a long chat with James Kevin Ty about solar imaging stuff (Well we always talk over the phone!).  A long talk over the phone on a bus going home. We talked about imaging techniques, equipments and processing, all of the geek stuff. I bet the girl beside me found me weird for talking shutter speeds, aperture, stacking etc. probably alien language for her!..sometimes even for those who own a 1D!

This is how I learn.

Aside from reading tons of materials about imaging, processing etc. I take advice only from those who have done it well.  Please take time to look at James Kevin Ty's site for some great astro-imaging.

With everything, from photography to teaching, from playing music to whatever you do. The most important thing is your character. How do you handle critics? Will you have a teachable heart? A Humble heart? Are you willing to take corrections?

One thing I love about astronomy is that every time I look up to check what's in the skies, I am just in awe of God's creation and what He has done. How can a perfect God come down to Earth to lay down his own life in exchange of our sins so that we don't have to pay for it forever? For me that's unfathomable. That is what keeps me humble.





No comments:

Post a Comment